Monday, April 11, 2011

Can you DIGG it


The assignment for Digg.com was interesting to me, when I first started using Digg I was almost instantly turned off. 

I didn’t really understand the point, I felt that I could look out in the wide world of the Internet and find the news I was looking for, but as the week went on I started to enjoy using Digg more and more each day. I started posting links mostly about sports and looking at the comments and writing some myself. Digg Tiger Woods Some comments were pretty interesting, I looked at a lot of the Masters posts and followed the comments on there. I liked how the most popular comments were bumped up and the irrelevant comments about Tiger Wood’s personal life were bumped down. It allows for the reader to view the most relevant comments and actually learn some insightful information which is hard to find on the Internet.
My overall evaluation of Digg would not be as useful to me as Yelp but it was pretty cool, and a very interesting idea. I like the thought put into posting the links and how you can bump up a story and make it go around Digg very quickly. I don’t think I am going to visit Digg everyday but I like the concept I just don’t think its for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment